An ambitious Financial Controller
For an international industrial organization situated in Hengelo we are looking for an ambitious Financial Controller
- Lead and manage the accounting activities of the companies by ensuring compliance with local and company regulations
- Provide local management (Netherlands) with periodic management financial information, analysis, and provide financial support in a proactive manner.
- Provide EMEA management team and MD Europe with timely and relevant regional management information supported by analysis enabling decision taking
- Lead and manage the various financial planning activities for the companies
- Develop a disciplined and well managed closing processes based on financial reporting packages including a full financial review of results (account reasonableness)
- Manage the annual statutory financial reporting of group companies
- Improve internal control environment
- Implement periodic full Balance Sheet reviews and monitor progress of needed improvements
- Review and streamline all work processes and come up with plan to optimise resources while enhancing quality of accounting services
- Ensure proper application of finance & accounting policies, practices, and procedures whenever applicable.
- Ensure tax accounting is properly and timely managed for the companies
- Ensure all risks are properly and timely identified and provisions managed proactively without over/under accruals
- Follow-up audit recommendations and ensure timely implementation when appropriate
- EMEA transfer pricing updates / true ups
- EMEA raw material /PP price adaptation (changes in costing system)
- Provide local leadership in the conservation of assets, control of accounts
- Monitor closely progresses against objectives.
- Continuously seek, recommend, and implement actions to improve the effectiveness and efficiencies of financial services.
- Maintain, manage, and document all working files, systems in an up-to-date and relevant manner. Ensure consistency and accuracy of working files.
- Excellent understanding of finance and general accounting; working knowledge of IFRS
- Strong proven finance technical skills in accounting, financial & accounting processes, internal control and tax accounting
- ERP working experience (SAP preferred) with track record of system development/improvement
- Preferably experience in people management/people development and organisational development
- Ability to analyse, prioritise and respond to multiple demands on time and resources
- Fluent in English – written and spoken
- University degree in Accounting (RA degree or equivalent preferably).
- Experience – 10 years of General accounting and Finance within an industrial business environment.
Please sent me only your English CV